Introduction to Adobe Illustrator
4 weeks | Wednesday evenings | 14th April—5th May | 6PM—8.30PM
No matter what industry you work in, digital design and communication skills are fast becoming essential competencies of any modern profession.
This introductory course is designed to teach you the fundamentals of Adobe Illustrator over the 4-week period, culminating in a portfolio of developed designs and demonstrated skillsets.
This course runs at our Melbourne CBD campus.
Level 3, 185 Spring Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
What we cover
Illustrator (4 weeks): Creating Scalable Graphics for Print and Digital
- Designing and developing VECTA graphics with digital illustration techniques for the creative industries
- Tools palette and their functions
- File formats
- Pen tool
- Cutting/Averaging/Joining Live Trace
- Live Paint
- Clipping Paths
- Compound Paths
- Curves and Grids
- Manipulating Type and Objects
- Gradient lends
- Bushes, Filters, and Special Effects
- Preparing for Print