Introduction to Fashion Illustration
This one-day course is an essential first step for aspiring fashion designers or would-be illustrators keen to develop their craft. llustration is a core communication technique used to effectively express your creative ideas and this course will help students build a strong portfolio of ideas and concepts.
Students will learn how to facilitate the expression of ideas through illustration, working with pen, pencil and water-colour techniques. Students will explore how to rendering different forms and fabrics on a drawn model as well as using available templates. The course will focus on developing your confidence as an illustrator and your ability to express your conceptual ideas and culminate in the creation of a three-look mini collection.
What we cover
- How to draw faces, hands and feet correctly and with ease
- How to draw your own croquis
- Exploring multimedia techniques for fashion illustration (Markers, water colours and pencil)
- Using illustration practices to explore multiple textures and prints
- Exploring different rendering techniques such as rendering skin with marker and water colour as well as drawing and rendering multiple fabric compositions such as silk, denim, lace, beading, leather, fur, and more.
- Developing a conceptual capsule collection consisting of two fully rendered fashion bodies to take home.
Prior Skills & Preparation
No prior skills necessary!
All materials will be provided to you on the day. This is a fun one day workshop designed to inspire you to explore your creativity.