Introduction to Adobe Creative Cloud
6 Weeks | Tuesday and Thursday Evenings, 5.30PM – 8.30PM | 10th November – 17th December 2020
No matter what industry you work in, digital design and communication skills are fast becoming essential competencies of any modern profession.
This introductory course is designed to teach you the fundamentals of three core Adobe programs used across the creative sector. You will explore Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator over a 12 week period, culminating in a portfolio of developed designs and demonstrated skillsets.
This course is ideal if you need to create engaging digital graphics for social media, email newsletters, presentations, portfolios or any other digital communication.
You will graduate with a T.M. Certificate in Introduction to Adobe Creative Cloud and be eligible to progress to our intermediary program-specific courses.
This course runs at our Melbourne CBD Campus.
Level 3, 185 Spring Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
It will not run on the November 3rd public holiday.
What we cover
Start your digital design journey with:
InDesign (5 weeks): Creating Document Layouts
- Discovering document layout and design for varying publication and documentation outcomes.
- Basic formatting of text and images
- Master pages
- Importing graphics
- Paragraphs and character styles
- Layout Principles
- Preflight and Packaging
Illustrator (5 weeks): Creating Scalable Graphics for Print and Digital
- Designing and developing VECTA graphics with digital illustration techniques for the creative industries.
- Tools palette and their functions
- File formats
- Pen tool
- Cutting/Averaging/Joining Live Trace
- Live Paint
- Clipping Paths
- Compound Paths
- Curves and grids
- Manipulating type and objects
- Gradient blends
- Brushes Filters and special effects
- Preparing for print
Photoshop (2 weeks): Image Editing and Layouts
- Photographical editing and manipulation techniques to enhance visual communication strategies
- Using Adobe Bridge
- Photoshop tools overview
- Jpeg files capture and post production
- Layers and layer masks
- Histograms and curves
- Colour and tonal adjustments
- Creating composite images
- Black and white digital darkroom
- Blending modes and filters
Prior Skills & Preparation
No prior skills necessary!
*This short course is provided by The Masters Institute of Creative Education.