The MakeUpMasters CUA51020 Diploma of Screen and Media will provide you with the foundation to work across a range of creative disciplines as a makeup design and special effects professional. In this course you will learn how to design, apply and remove makeup for a range of different applications, as well as special effects makeup and styling wigs and hair. You will also learn how to work with prosthetics for specialist makeup effects.
During this practical and hands-on program you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other students in the hair and fashion departments, working on a number of events including runway shows, special events and professional photoshoots.
Industry Facing Skill Set
Want a career in the makeup industry? The MakeUpMasters CUA51020 Diploma of Screen & Media (Specialist Makeup) is a nationally recognised qualification which may lead to employment in TV, film, photography, beauty or retail fields working as a specialist makeup artist.
We have a vast network of industry professionals who present workshops and offer mentoring programs for students. Our students also gain access to unique industry events, also gaining the opportunity to work at many. You will also be involved in industry excursions, backstage tours, and specialised workshops designed to give you a head start in your exciting makeup career.
Core Units Covered
The CUA51020 Diploma of Screen & Media (Specialist Makeup) course involves both theory and practical work, which will develop your skills in makeup application and in working as part of a team. You will receive training in areas such as:
- Learning the art of contouring and highlighting
- Fashion, editorial and catwalk makeup
- Film & TV makeup
- Specialist training in stage makeup, latex application and prosthetics
- Character & theatrical makeup
- Body painting and airbrushing
- Hair, wigs and hairpiece styling
- Bridal, period and event-specific looks
- Creating brief and concepts
- Hair and makeup continuity
- Developing an extensive and diverse portfolio
- Experience working on fashion shows and photoshoots by joining The Masters Creative Team
Special Makeup Artist/Designer
Freelance Makeup Artist
HeadMasters Academy Pty Ltd. T/A MakeUpMasters. Training Provider Number 4639. CRICOS Provider Code 01859G