There is more to the fashion industry than design. Within just one semester of studying with us, discover the essential skills required to start up your own fashion business or work for a fashion label in a variety of areas.
Whether you're looking for a career change and eager to Upskill or you are looking to study a more formal fashion business course, this course is particularly exciting as it can lead you directly into our Bachelor of Fashion Business which is located at our Melbourne & Sydney campuses. Complete the first semester and graduate with an Undergraduate Certificate in Fashion Business, or continue on for the remaining five semesters to receive a full Bachelor degree qualification. The choice is yours and the opportunities are endless.
Starting her journey in fashion business here at The Masters, Amanda has put her management skills to work in her current role as Production Manager at Country Road.
Amanda: Fashion Graduate
Production Manager at Country Road
At just 22 years of age, Michelle Aznavorian self-funded her studies here and kickstarted her journey into fashion design. Could you be next?
Michelle Aznavorian: 2008 Graduate
Brand Founder of Misha Collection
Industry Facing Skill Set
Learn the fundamental skills of the business side of fashion. In this course, learn how to:
- Comprehend the management of fashion products through development and production processes, the management of fashion products through supply and distribution mechanisms, the managemnet of presentation and promotion of fashion products in the retail context and fashion business management.
- Enrich your knowledge base through lifelong learning in the fashion industry.
- Critically analyse information to manage a range of competing factors in the fashion business environment.
- Integrate diverse theoretical and technical knowledge from specific cultural, creative and business disciplines to find ethical solutions for a range of contemporary fashion business challenges and communicate these to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Develop the skills to exercise judgement and critical thinking in identifying problems, integrating new practices and technologies and in developing fashion business strategies.
- Hone your skills in working autonomously as well as within group settings to identify fashion business requirements and apply innovative solutions in a contemporary setting.
Core Units Covered
The units covered in the course are:
HF1201 Creative Industry Analysis
HF1003 Consumer Behaviour
Plus two electives from the following:
HF1004 Creative Industry Communication Strategies
HF1205 Fashion Fundamentals and Cultural History
HF1002 Textiles and Materials
Accelerate your Fashion Business Career!Graduates of the Undergraduate Certificate in Fashion Business develop essential skillsets across the fashion and business disciplines, and go on to work in graduate roles across fashion management, social media management, marketing and creative production disciplines. Students also often continue to complete the Bachelor of Fashion Business.
Holmes Institute Fashion is a department of Holmes Institute Pty Ltd. CRICOS Provider Code VIC 02639M NSW 02767C