Introduction to Fashion Design
4 Weeks | Tuesday evenings | 5:30PM – 8:30PM | 8th September – 29th September
Interested in the fashion design process? Ever dreamt of creating your own garments or having your own line?
Join us for a four-week short course and learn the ins and outs of the fashion design process. Explore how colour theory impacts garment creations, learn the techniques of fashion illustration and create your own designs in relation to an industry brief.
Design principles underpin every item of clothing you wear. Learn the skills and techniques to create beautiful clothes and hone your illustration techniques whilst you're at it!
What we cover
- Colour theory
- Explore how colour theory impacts the entire design process
- Elements and principles of design
- Delve into concepts that drive good design, including balance, rhythm, proportion, harmony, contrast and more
- Fashion illustration techniques
- Learn the tricks to effortless drawing
- Apply colour and fabric techniques to your illustrations
- How to design to an industry brief